In 2018, F.D. Thomas (FDT) was acquired by ASRC Industrial (AIS), a wholly owned operating company of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC). ASRC is one of 13 Alaska Native regional corporations established by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) of 1971. ASRC represents Alaska Native people who have ties to the North Slope region. ASRC is 100% owned and controlled by over 13,000 Alaska Native (primarily Iñupiat) shareholders. Section 1626(e) of ANCSA states:
For all purposes of Federal law, direct and indirect subsidiary corporations, joint ventures, and partnerships of a Native Corporation shall be considered to be entities owned and controlled by Natives and a minority and economically disadvantaged business enterprise if the shares of stock or other units of ownership interest in any such entity held by such Native Corporation and by the holders of its Settlement Common Stock represent a majority of both.
Contracting with FDT can help you meet your diversity spending objectives while also helping improve quality of life across North Slope Alaska Native Villages.
FDT, and its subsidiaries, hold the following certifications:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) – All companies are registered MBE in multiple jurisdictions.
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) – All companies, when subcontracting on a Federal Government contract.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) – D. Zelinsky & Sons, FDTSS and D2 Industrial.
- Local Business Enterprise (LBE) – D. Zelinsky & Sons is an LBE in the city of Oakland, CA.
- SBA 8(a) – FDTSS is 8(a) certified under NAICS 238110, Poured Concrete and Structural Contractors
Interested in learning more about the benefits of working with an ASRC Industrial operating company? Contact Ian Broste: